DOOGEE F5 5.5″ 4G Smartphone 13.0MP 1080P EU warehouse

DOOGEE F5 Introduction

DOOGEE company has released its DOOGEE F5 mode smartphone. DOOGEE Mobile is not a new brand name in the field of smartphone. In 2015, nearly all smartphone enterprises focusing on budget smartphones segment, and DOOGEE is one of them. DOOGEE F5 has something cool for you in that case as they have come up with some brand new features, and it is going to be a big hit in the market since it has price-performance ratio which customers really prefer. Doogee indeed concentrating their efforts at the retail level in Europe and the UK. I once ordered a DOOGEE F5 for product review in 2015 when it was firstly came out. And now I still wanna to write a more detailed review for the phone after several months’ use.


DOOGEE F5 Design & Display

You will find a power button and volume rocker on the right side of the phone. DOOGEE F5 is built by the Liquid Metal, so it is much stronger than traditional aluminium. DOOGEE F5 has a huge 5.5-inch Display covered in 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3 with 1080P display. On the bottom you can find a micro USB port flanked by speaker grills. Anything more than that, and it will drain the battery life excessively. DOOGEE used the IPS screen panel, which provides a wide viewing angle. When I put pressure on DOOGEE F5 it had no creaks. The display is manufactured by Acer enterprise. Around 81% front glass of DOOGEE F5 is occupied with a fully laminated 5.5 inch 1080P display. 1080P resolution may be out-shined by some HD panels, but still provides adequate sharpness of text or images.


DOOGEE F5 Performance

It’s a cool 64-bit offering from MediaTek MTK6753 with a processor speed at 1.5GHz. Mali T720 is responsible for graphics and this makes DOOGEE F5 a grand budget smartphone. It comes with the Android 5.1 operating system. The phone also has fingerprint scanner. It seems that just a few budget smartphones can be able to provide such function at such low price level, since fingerprint is a kind of feature for high-end smartphones. I put my finger on its scanner for about 0.5 seconds then it took me right to the home screen. I also tried to press the scanner button for about 1 seconds then it directly me to the Maps feature. During tests I did not met any force closes. You can also use your 3 fingers for taking instant screenshot of your required information’s. A few OTA updates were available for download for the DOOGEE server and the stock recovered without issues.


DOOGEE F5 Connectivity

DOOGEE F5 can support Dual Micro SIM Card. It has inner and outer interface like TF / Micro SD Card Slot, 3.5mm Audio Output Port & Micro USB Slot. Phone ships with 16GB of internal storage that is easily expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card. The Phablet is WiFi and Bluetooth enabled and it can support network up to 4G (FDD-LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600MHz). The 3GB RAM provided sufficient headroom for me to multitask without experiencing a sluggish mobile platform. Overall WiFi works good within around 80 meters range. OTG, microphone and GPS is also good in terms of several satellite SNRs.

DOOGEE F5 Camera

The front camera is 5MP, whereas the back one is 13MP. DOOGEE is the first brand to use the Samsung ISOCELL 3M2 sensor technology for its front camera. The sensor performed above average, especially in low-light condition. In daylight, this camera produces sharp images with pleasant color. Pictures seem to have some saturation pop added by the Doogee camera app, but overall quality is good.


DOOGEE F5 Battery

DOOGEE officially stated that the battery capacity for DOOGEE F5 is 3000 mAh, but actually the capacity is just around 2700 mAh. Usually the phone was charged very smoothly to 95% in about 2 hours, with the remaining 5% taking about half an hour. Generally, 3000 mAh battery capacity can get a 5.5 inch display smartphone through a full day without any issues. DOOGEE F5 supports 5V-2A fast charging which allows you to charge your phone much faster.


DOOGEE F5 Conclusion

Overall, the DOOGEE F5 I ordered a few months ago works still really good in terms of its processor performance and a series of features such as fingerprint sensor, OTG, 1080P display, 4G network and Samsung sensor camera. Doogee has taken it to another level with the DOOGEE F5 mode. Battery is probably the weakest point for the phone, but nevertheless, DOOGEE F5 is a great buy for me.


Currently some online platforms are selling DOOGEE F5 at discount price around $100. So free feel to order by clicking the button right below.


One Comment

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign up for our email newsletters